Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Things Say The Darndest Things

Today's entry will make me the billionth person to ever blog about things their kids have said that made them laugh. Look on the bright side - it may not be the most original post ever, but I'm blogging two days in a row, so chill. Sam is almost 5, and Sara will be 4 in a few months. They're adorable, they're my kids, and this is my blog. Besides, I'm the only one reading this anyway. :)

One day last week I was taking my son Sam to soccer practice. His sister Sara was with us - she likes to color Cinderella pictures while Sam practices. On the drive to the practice facility, Sam asked "Daddy, how was the Earth made?" I told him that God made it. He replied "I know, but how did He make wood?" I explained that He made trees, and when we need wood, we chop down trees to get it. Having remained unusually quiet up to this point, Sara interjected. In a very matter-of-fact tone she announced "You know - beavers are better than scissors." Good to know.

After church last Sunday, my wife Carey and I were quizing the kids about what they learned in Sunday School. "We learned about Adam and Eve." Sam informed us. He proceded to tell us that "Adam was the first guy that God made. Eve was the second guy."

Sara also had her take on the morning's teaching. "They lived in a garden. But they ate the apple. They shouldn't have done that."

Carey asked Sara who told them to eat the apple. "The SNAKE!" Sara shouted.
"And what was the snake's name?"
"Hmmm." Sara thought for a moment. "Mister Snake." Close enough.

I have a job interview tomorrow. I've read a lot about the company, and the position I'm interviewing for. I think I'm a good fit. I pray this is the job that God has in mind for me. If not, well, let's just hope I don't freeze up during the interview. I can see it now...

"Mr. Scott, can you tell me the fastest way to move ORACLE tablespace between systems?"
"Um...well, beavers are better than scissors."

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaye Dacus said...

Wayne--
Congratulations on winning 3rd place in the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller category of the ACFW Genesis contest!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Wayne Scott said...

Thanks Kaye! Sorry I had to miss the conference this year.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Cara Putman said...

SUPER DUPER Congratulations on placing! I was so excited for you. The only thing that would have made it better is if you had been there! Next year!

So excited to see what God is doing.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home